Mobile Application Testing
Mobile applications become more and more popular as a method of sharing services. Application security tests allow for the identification of errors that may endanger companies and their customers’ privacy.
Increasing popularity of mobile applications in recent years results in an increasing amount of sensitive data that is processed by them. Nowadays, smartphones not only provide access to services, but also store many personal and financial data.
Mobile applications account for 52% of the global network traffic.
Security testing of mobile applications allows us to identify vulnerabilities related to improper behaviour within iOS or an Android platforms and also to detect problems with a provided server API.
Vulnerabilities in mobile applications can lead to customer takeover. They can also allow direct attack on the application owner’s infrastructure.
Our experience in mobile application tests guarantees a comprehensive approach and high quality of provided services.
Methodology of our tests consists of the following elements:
• Static Application Security Testing (SAST) – We verify whether an application has been safely configured and if there is any redundant data in the application package. We also carry out reverse engineering.
• Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) – We focus on analyzing the application’s behavior within an operating system (Android and iOS) during its execution. We also check whether the application stores files in a safe manner and whether it is properly protected against Inter Process Communications.
• API security testing – We verify the security of communication between application and the server endpoint. The first step of this process is to analyze the parameters exchanged by the application and a server. Then, we develop and verify adequate test scenarios.
• Source code review – our review is based on Mobile Application Verification Standard (MASVS) and is performed with direct cooperation with the client’s developers.
If you want to learn more about our approach to testing mobile applications, read our articles about Android and iOS platforms:
- Storing secrets in Android applications
- Vulnerabilities and Threats in Local Authorization on iOS Devices
Our team stays up to date with all new techniques and latest trends regarding mobile applications security. We also create our own tools and make research in this area, the effect of which are presentations at numerous international conferences, including Objective by the Sea, Secure or Confidence.
Best practices guide
We encourage mobile application developers to check out our guide “Best practices regarding mobile application security”. Also, feel free to use our iOS Security Suite, which allows you to verify whether an iOS application is running on a secure device.
Mobile Application Testing plays part in compliance with DORA principles. It aligns with DORA’s emphasis on securing different types of applications.
How to get a quote for your project?
If you wish to get a quote for mobile application security testing, feel free to book a call with our specialist or write to us. Each application is different. You will receive a set of questions that will help us estimate workload and needed skills, based on which we will prepare an offer. If needed, we will contact you to discuss your specific needs, application functionality, and a broader context to guarantee that the results of security testing will have the best possible value for you.